Sunday, March 24, 2024

He Is Growing Up

Shane and Casen headed to Baton Rouge this weekend for an NIT tournament, while Camden and I stayed back so he could attend his mission training today. On Friday evening, Camden and I headed to Ranchitos to have dinner with Melissa, Shawn, and Braden who was in for Spring Break. It was nice catching up with Braden and hearing about Melissa and Shawn's Spring Break adventures. On our way out the door, I wanted to catch a picture of Camden and Braden to send to my mom, and much to my surprise, they are the same height!


Over the past year, I have been talking to Camden about driving and he has told me that he did not think he needed to learn how to drive. When I asked him why, he told me that he had no problem me driving him around. Ha!!! So sorry buddy, I am not going to be your chauffeur when it is time for you to go off to college. So I have asked him on multiple occasions if he wanted to go and drive and he has always turned me down. . . that is until yesterday. He finally took me up on my offer! We headed over to Tomball Memorial High School parking lot and let him have a turn behind the wheel.



He did great!!! And, he didn't mind it! So much so, that he asked to go and drive again today! Yesterday we only stayed in one parking lot and today we ventured from one parking lot to another, which meant driving on a road. Even if it was only maybe 20 yards of driving on the road, he was still so proud!

Time, slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment