Monday, June 12, 2023

Casen's Birthday Celebration

Since we were in Gulf Shores for Casen's birthday, we did not have birthday cake, nor did he get all of his gifts. When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to make, I was for certain he would request a homemade ice cream cake as in years past. He surprised me and told me I could choose what kind of cake to make, however he didn't want an ice cream cake. One of my favorites (and my dad's) has always been Mississippi Mud Cake and I haven't had it in years. So, I decided that is what I would make. Casen helped me bake it from scratch and he and Camden both loved it. So much so, that Camden has already decided that he is going to forego an ice cream cake for his birthday and instead wants Mississippi Mud. 


Since Casen has quite the collection off baseball rings, we got him something to display his rings on. Looks like he can only win one more ring. :)


I am not sure where time is going, but I am going to need it to slow down. I am really loving this season of life with the boys. I often chuckle when I think back to when Casen was about four and I was convinced that one of us was not going to make it out of that season alive. I always said I brought out the worst in him because he was so sweet and loving to everyone but he and I just butted heads. I am so grateful things changed between us. Now he is a momma's boy, always willing to help me and never minds going shopping with me. I am looking forward to what the next year holds for both he and Camden.

No comments:

Post a Comment