Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day 2023

Every year, the Friday before Valentine's is Tim Tebow's Night to Shine event. If you aren't familiar with the event, it is a prom night for people age 14 and older with special needs. The events are held at churches all around the world and have a red carpet, limousine rides, dance, karaoke, a catered dinner and more. Each guest receives either a tiara or crown as a celebration of God's love for each of them. I have wanted to volunteer for the event for several years, but have not been able to until this year. While my hope was to be a buddy for one of the honored guests, they were in need of medical personnel, so requested that I serve in that role, which ended up being great as I could walk around and visit with so many of our guests.

My friends that I meet with at Hamilton 
every Thursday also volunteered.


While I was enjoying my evening, Camden was also enjoying the evening with his friends at a school dance. They met up at Whataburger prior to the dance and then headed over to the school. Apparently, he had a great time, of course no dancing with a girl, but doing 'line' dances with his friends. :)

Getting ready to head to the dance

Actual Valentine's Day was not over exciting at our house. The boys each received a rechargeable portable fan (just in time for their upcoming cruise) and of course had to pose for a picture.



Our sweet Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment