Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving Week

We have a week off for Thanksgiving and frankly, I couldn't be any happier about it than I am. This school year has been rough and momma is tired, both physically and mentally. I left school Friday evening after finding that someone has been stealing controlled substances from my medication cabinet. This is my 11th year as a school nurse and not once have I had an issue with my medications. Our school has undergone construction for the past two years and we are in the home stretch of almost being done. Unfortunately, stealing happens when a school undergoes construction, but not very frequently is it from the clinic. After my police officer viewed a lot of video, it is apparent that workers are going in and out of my clinic every evening and night - up until 2:00am. There are very few things left to be done in my clinic, so the fact that people are constantly in and out is beyond intriguing.  I left work Friday sick to my stomach, frustrated, mad and feeling defeated. Luckily the three parents I had to contact whose student's medications had been stolen were completely understanding. Regardless, it still makes me wonder if they are questioning my integrity. . . 

On Monday, Nana and Papa came and got the boys to take them to Newman's Castle and bakery in Bellville, as well as the Historic Austin County Jail Museum. They had a great time with their cousins exploring the castle and learning all sorts of history.

Newman's Castle

























Tuesday morning we headed to Kerrville to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. In the past, the community where my parents live all join together in 'The Barn' and have Thanksgiving dinner. However, due to COVID, that would not take place this year. So mom bought all the fixings for us to fix our own Thankgsiving dinner.

Evening golf cart ride

On Wednesday, Dad and I headed to see Grandma. We were actually able to go inside and visit with her with plexiglass between us, however due to masks and her being hard of hearing, we used a dry erase board to communicate, which turned out to be a great tool! 


Once we got home, the boys, Shane, Grandpa and I went and played some pickle ball. Apparently I am the weak link and no one cares to be my partner. . . 


Later that evening, we received a text from Shane's mom letting us know that she tested positive for COVID. Due to the boys being with her all day Monday, we felt like we should head home so as not to expose my parents if the boys ended up with COVID. After much debate if we should leave then or wait until Thursday, Mom felt like we should stay, eat our Thanksgiving meal and then head out afterwards. I hated that our trip got cut short, but would have felt horrible had we exposed my parents to COVID.

Since I had unexpected extra time, I went ahead and got all of our Christmas put up and now we are ready for Cooper to show up on December 1st and get our Christmas season in full swing!


No comments:

Post a Comment