Sunday, April 14, 2019

The First Win of the Season

It was an exciting weekend out at the ball park. We played in a tournament that luckily did not have all the 'hotshot' teams (as Shane calls them) participating. This made the field of play a bit more even for all the teams involved in this particular tournament who are basically in the same positions as we are -  a newly formed team with some 5 and some 6 year olds versus those teams who have been playing together for a year or two and have 6 and 7 year olds. Our first game was scheduled for yesterday afternoon, however after we got to the fields and got warmed up, a huge rain storm with a cold front came through and our game was cancelled.



Our first game was rescheduled for bright and early this morning at 8:00am - so of course we were at the fields by 7:15am. The first game was soooooo close and we almost won with a score of 13-12. Casen hit his first over the fence home run - so awesome!!! Luckily I caught in on video so we will have it for life. I have learned that perhaps I get a little excited and might need to decrease the amount of yelling I do. LOL.

Our second game we WON!!! Woo hoo - first win of the season and everyone was thrilled! Casen had his second home run of the season - and again, Momma was yelling! It was so exciting for the boys to finally have a 'W' under their belt!!


Before our third game we all headed home so that we could eat lunch and then Camden and I could head to his soccer game while Casen and Shane headed back to the ball field. Camden played well, scoring a goal, unfortunately his team lost 6-5.


Luckily, Casen's game got started late, so Camden and I got back to the ball field literally right as the game started. I was so glad I got to see everyone's games. I know Shane was upset he did not get to see Camden's soccer game. The last game the boys lost 19-14. It was a long day at the ball field (almost 12 hours) and while I am sad they did not win, they were worn out after playing three games. Had we won and had to play a 4th or 5th game, it would have been exhausting for all involved.



I believe we all got a good glimpse of how our lives will be during baseball season in the future. A lot of time at the fields with a bit of running in between to get the boys to their respective places. Honestly, I don't think I would have it any other way. It is such a joy watching my boys do the things they love. I know that while the years ahead will be busy, it will be short lived and before I know it, they will be done with sports and on to bigger and better things. In the meantime,  I will continue to yell at the top of my lungs for them and they will have no doubt that their momma is their biggest fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment