Sunday, July 8, 2018

A Week With the Grandparents in Kerrville

As has been tradition for the past several years, the boys headed to my parents for a week in Kerrville. They were absolutely thrilled that Braden was able to go again with them for the week. I can't tell you how much my boys adore Mason and Braden so when they asked Braden if he could go again this year and he agreed to do so, they were beyond elated. So we met my parents on Monday in Luling and dropped them off.



The Fourth of July parade is something the boys look forward to every year. This year, Braden got to drive the boys on one golf cart while my parents rode on another. I have no doubt my boys were in hog heaven.




















Later that afternoon the boys took part in the fun activities and games they had for the kids.

Braden and Camden in the sac race


Rock painting
Water balloon fights - obviously Camden
got hit a few times.
And of course, what is the Fourth of July without partaking in some good ol' ice cream!


On Friday, Mom and Dad took the boys the the Natural Bridge Caverns where they saw neat caves, dug for fossils and fed some peacocks.




Later that evening the boys took Braden to the Empty Cross so he could see all the neat statues that are there.

And what is a trip to Kerrville without visiting our beloved Great Grandma Key. Despite my mom having to remind her what boys belonged to which grandchild, she was thrilled to have them visit.


From what I hear, everyone had a great time. I must give kudos to Braden who was able to put up with my boys for the week - I hope he realizes just how much my boys look up to him and will treasure these memories they have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment