Saturday, January 13, 2018

Basketball Has Begun

Basketball season is upon us and this year we have TWO basketball players in the house. The boys actually had their first game the day we celebrated Grandma's 100th birthday, so while it was game #2 of their season, for them it was their first game.

Casen played first and what an enjoyable game to watch. Let me tell you, that boy is focused when he plays. It is so fun watching him and the determination on his face. And when it comes to defending - let me tell you, he can defend. He puffs out his chest and gets all up in his opponents face. It is sooo much fun watching him!















This was Camden's third year to play and OH MY GOSH, can I tell you, he has changed soooooo much since last year!!! In the past, Camden has played a bit timid and not very aggressive at all. It was obvious to us (as his parents) that in the past he was nervous/anxious by the way he carried himself. Unfortunately, he was letting his anxiety define how he played. Today was a completely different story. He was on his opponent while playing defense, made baskets and looked like he belonged on the court. I loved watching every minute of him playing because it appeared to me that his anxiety was finally under control, something both he and I have been praying for for him. What a blessing!!!!




























Once we got home, Shane was loving on Camden and telling him what an awesome job he had done and he asked Camden what had changed for him. Camden's response was, "I told myself I was going to go out there and own that court!!!" And own it, he did! I am sooooo grateful that something has finally clicked in him to help him keep his anxiety under control while doing something he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment