Friday, October 13, 2017

One Day This Will Be Funny

I spend a great deal of time posting the great things about my children, frankly because that is what I like to think about. All the good things about them. But let's face it, they have some not so pretty sides to them. Truth be told, don't we all. So, today I am going to share about the rough week Mr. Casen has had in hopes that one day I can look back at this and just laugh.

Yesterday was picture day. Now if you know my kids, they are always in athletic wear - some type of Nike, Under Armour or Adidas shirt and shorts. For me, that is not acceptable for picture day, so I dressed them in a nice Polo shirt, which frankly they have worn possibly two other times. They looked oh so handsome as they walked out the door for the day. Upon arrival from their day at school, I notice that Casen has cut marks on the left sleeve of his shirt. What the heck? When I question him as to what happened to his shirt, he looked at it like he had never even noticed it and said, "I have no idea!!!" I of course asked him if he cut his shirt, to which he emphatically told me he did not. I asked him if they had used scissors that day at school, to which he replied, "Well, not hardly." So I gave him a minute (or perhaps I gave myself a minute) before I questioned him further because clearly he did not see this to be a huge issue. So I said to him that it was quite obvious that he had cut his own shirt as scissors just do not miraculously fly around the room and get up under his sleeve and makes cuts on his shirt. I gave him one more opportunity to fess up to me if he did indeed cut his shirt, and finally he admitted he did. GRRRRR!!!!!!

Unfortunately, this was not his only issue of the day. Upon cleaning out his folder, I received this sad note from his Music teacher.




I must say, I find it a bit funny that he went back to his spot and started dancing because anyone that knows Casen knows that boy LOVES to sing and dance.

Now the next night, Shane was finishing up laundry and asked me what I wanted to do with Casen's cut up shirt. I told him I could re-hem the sleeve and he could still wear it. Shane then asked me how I would fix the collar of his shirt. What????? There was something wrong with the collar too???? Oh yes, yes there was. Low and behold, my child had some how managed to cut a 'V' shaped piece of the back of his collar out. Someone, please tell me how this happened??????



Unfortunately, by then end of the week, Casen's week had not improved. As you can see from his calendar, he has had a rough go. Between the shirt incident as well as the write ups, he no longer has his iPad. If this doesn't do the trick, I am thinking since he really does not like to write or color, the punishment that we may have to try next with him is old school writing lines.



No comments:

Post a Comment