Tuesday, August 22, 2017

First Day of School

The day has finally arrived where both of my boys are now in elementary school. Camden is in second grade and Casen is in Kindergarten. It will be a change in routine for us, as now Shane will be the one who carries them both to and from school.





















With the Cy-Fair schools not having their kids start until next week, I could have gone today to walk my kids into school on their first day. Honestly, I would have loved more than anything to do that, however due to how Casen has been recently with having huge meltdowns anytime he does anything new, I decided it best that I not be there since I seem to only make things worse for him. It hurts my heart that I did not experience walking in on their first day with them, but I really wanted Casen's first day to start off on the right foot. Hard decision, but I was hoping it was the right one. Luckily, Camden understood my decision.



Shane was able to walk both boys to class. First stop was Casen's room. Casen was the first one to his class. Don't you know, he walked right in, listened to where Mrs. Prince told him to put his belongings, and did not shed one tear. DARN IT!!!!! Does that mean I could have gone and he would not have had a meltdown???? I guess we will never know . . . now I question my decision. Camden did awesome, as usual - love him!! I can only hope that I will have the opportunity to walk them into school on their first day sometime in the future.






















When the boys got home from school and I asked how their first day was, they both replied simultaneously "Awesome!!!" Yay!! Camden even said that when his teacher was telling the class about everything they were going to do this year, it all sounded so fun and he was so excited about the school year. If the first day was an indicator of how the rest of the year will be, I think it is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment