Saturday, July 8, 2017

Summer Fun in Kerrville

As has been the tradition for several years now, the boys spent the week of Fourth of July in Kerrville at my parents. It is a fun time for the boys - as well as my parents. : )  This year, Braden was able to go also, which the boys LOVE (as well as my parents since he helps keep the boys entertained).

They boys having fun outside
They did all sorts of fun things, including celebrating the Fourth of July, swimming, going to the movies, seeing some real dinosaur tracks, and attending their first rodeo. We were actually going pick them up on Friday but since the rodeo was Friday night and the boys wanted to go, we decided we would pick them up today instead.

Visiting the nature center in Kerrville

They enjoyed watching the rodeo - especially
the bull riding



To help celebrate the fourth, they of course helped decorate the golf cart for the parade, ate popsicles, participated in fun games, and of course watched fireworks.































































They spent time on their electronics playing Minecraft with Braden as well as other games (gotta love Generation Z).

Minecraft was more exciting
than talking to their momma





















They also went and spent a little time visiting with Grandma Key. I know they brightened up her day!



I am so glad my boys enjoy going to their grandparents. Visiting my grandparents in Missouri was always a huge highlight of my summer. As a matter of fact, the past several times I have visited my grandma she has asked me if I really enjoyed coming to her house and visiting. I told her that those were some of the best times and that I have very fond memories from my time with her and my grandpa. I pray my boys remember their summers in Kerrville and can share with their kids the fun times they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment