Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving in Kerrville

Our family headed to Kerrville for Thanksgiving this year. We had a great time fishing, playing, spending time with my Grandma and eating a great Thanksgiving feast. We caught 60 perch while fishing in the koi ponds and relocated them to a pond where visitors to the park fish. While Grandpa Key took care of baiting, casting and removing all the fish off of Camden's line, I baited and removed all the fish off of Casen's line while dad casted out the line. Can I just throw this out there and say that Shane will not remove fish off of the hook. Good thing this mom doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and playing with fish!



Fish on!



Casen playing with his guys on a beautiful day


Before heading to the Thanksgiving feast, Shane, the boys and myself headed to my grandma's to visit with her. She is 98 and aside from her dementia, she is still doing fabulous. Unfortunately, due to her dementia, she was not able to come and eat Thanksgiving dinner with us because with all of the people that would be there and the different surroundings, it would end up confusing her even more. We visited with her awhile and then walked her down to the lunch room, where she was going to have dinner with some of her friends. We arrived a little early, so we sat with her until lunch was served and then left. It amazes me that regardless of my age, I still cry when I leave her. I remember crying when I was a little kid after either we left her house or she and my grandpa left our house. I guess some things just never change. I hope she knows just how much I always have and still do adore her!
Grandma Key, the boys and me
We enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast down at the barn (where my parents live). They serve turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes and then everyone brings a side dish or dessert. So much good food and good company. This year, our table got to go first out of twenty some odd tables because my Dad was chosen to say grace for everyone. Bless his heart, he was not prepared and speaking from someone who does not like to pray out loud in front of other people, I felt for him. He did an awesome job though and it allowed our table to go first! Thanks for taking one for the team Dad!!!!



Thankful for this family of mine!


















No comments:

Post a Comment