Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Half Marathon #2 in the Books

Whoever's bright idea it was to sign me up for my second half marathon ought to be shot! Oh wait, that would be me!!! Actually in my defense, I signed up for it pretty much days after I ran my first one last year and had been feeling really good about how well I felt after running my first 13.1 miles. Well, let me just say, it was not near as easy this year since I was not near as prepared as I was last year. Right now with Camden playing basketball and baseball and Casen playing soccer, we have something nearly every night of the week, and it interfered with my training. Up until today, 6 miles was the farthest I had ran with my training, so I had no idea how long I would be able to run with out stopping and walking. I was pretty proud that I ran 10 miles before I stopped to walk. Melissa stopped to use the bathroom at mile 10, so I just started walking at a fast pace. When she caught up to me at mile 11 we started running again, and took one more walking break before we crossed the Finish line running. My time was not near as great as last year, finishing 2:35.04.

Prior to the race we used stylish garbage bags to stay warm.

After the race.

A selfie with my metal.




















If any of you hear me say something about signing up for another half marathon, please try to talk some sense into me! Until I can figure out how to manage my kids sports and training, I don't think I need to attempt this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment