Thursday, April 23, 2015

Potty Training Success

Week before last Casen and I had a discussion about him needing to get out of diapers and he told me he was ready, which was a different response than I had been receiving from him the other times I brought it up. Knowing that Week of the Young Child is full of so much fun and activities, he and I decided that we would wait until this week to try. Well after a long weekend in Beaumont, I never once thought about packing his clothes for school to start the training on Monday, so decided Tuesday we would start. As instructed by Ms. Caroline, I packed 5 pair of shorts, 5 pair of socks, 5 pair of underwear, 2 shirts, and an extra pair of shoes. When I arrived at school to pick the boys up on Tuesday, Casen had pretty much made it through every pair of underwear, shorts and his shoes. Ms. Caroline said that Casen pretty much peed everywhere - in front of the toilet, in front of the sink when he was washing his hands after trying to use the restroom with no luck, on the carpet he sits on with his friends, etc. You name it, it seems he peed there. UGH!!!! Well, with encouragement from Ms. Caroline she told us Wednesday would be a new day. Wednesday Casen still had a lot of accidents, but I do believe it was a few less than the day before. Then today, when I arrived at school I was shocked to find that Casen was in the same cloths I dropped him off in this morning. I was beside myself!!! Something finally clicked with him and he (and I) could not have been more thrilled!!! YEA CASEN!!!! High fives (and M&Ms) for everyone!!!

Ms. Nataly left a note about his wonderful day for us:


And, of course Casen was able to pick out some new underwear - he wanted Mickey Mouse, however we could not find any of those, so he settled for Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles!

He was so excited to get new
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle underwear

No comments:

Post a Comment