Monday, September 23, 2013

15 Month Appointment

Today was Casen's 15 month appointment which meant time for shots. He weighed in at 24 pounds 7 ounces, which makes him in the 69th percentile and was 32.75 inches in height, which is the 90th percentile. I knew as I daily carry him around since he STILL is not walking that he was a chunk and today proved me right! Dr. Worrall felt like it was time to try and stop his reflux medicine again, which I expressed to him my concern of doing that since the last time we tried he just flat out quit eating and drinking. He said the dose he was on probably was not really helping him. He recommended I wean him off of it and that due to his age, I should not have too much of a problem. At the end of the visit he asked if I had any concerns and I nonchalantly asked him if I should be concerned that Casen is not walking. I told him I was not overly concerned since Camden did not walk until he was 17 months, but he told me I should start getting a little concerned and recommend I call in a referral to ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) to allow them to come out and evaluate him and assist us with helping Casen walk (as they did with Camden). Casen then received his three shots and we headed home. I guess tomorrow I will call ECI and start the weaning process - let's hope this goes better than last time.

Sportin' his orange bandaids

No comments:

Post a Comment