Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pray for Tuscaloosa

Today a horrible tornado made its way through five different states, including Alabama. Unfortunately, Tuscaloosa was in its line of fire. What I would consider one of the main intersections in Tuscaloosa was completely demolished along with all the buildings in its vicinity. Actually, part of the path I took to work daily will no longer ever appear the same. Part of the buildings and homes that I passed by daily are no longer standing and unfortunately some of the people that resided in those homes are no longer living. It is so devestating to see the destruction that occurred in Tuscaloosa and it hurts my heart that I am not there to help. It amazes me that where the majority of the damage was in an area where people already are struggling to make ends meet on a daily basis.

I know Tuscaloosa is not my home, but it holds very good memories for me. We only spent 3 years there, but we have great friends there as well as a wonderful church family. My husband fulfilled his life dream there. One of my greatest dreams, having a child, began there. Camden was born in Tuscaloosa, and for that I feel a strong attachment. I am praying for everyone there, because regardless of where they lived, what kind of damage they sustained, they were and are affected. People lost their houses, businesses, lives, and parts of their wonderful town. For all of this I am sad and feel so helpless being here in Texas. Never have I felt a stronger urge to be there than now to help. But, knowing that is not a possibility I will do the only thing I know to do and can do and that is to pray.

A picture taken from my work window in Tuscaloosa, July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment