Monday, February 24, 2014

A New Family Member

I will be honest, I will have to be somewhat vague with this next post, however since this is a part of my children's lives, I feel I need to include it in our family blog.

I have a student named Olivia who came to my school in November of 2012. The first time she came in my clinic ill, she had to wait a lengthy amount of time for her mom to come and get her, so she and I bonded. Over time she would come and talk to me and I knew she had some personal/family issues, but as time had progressed I learned there was much more to her story. We talked weekly and I did my best to show her what it was for someone to truly care about her and her well being. Unfortunately, this past week, something happened where she was removed from her home by CPS. She is originally from Canada so has no family here and her parents have no friends here. Shane has known all about her, as I have spoken with him regarding her and when he found out her circumstances, he told me she was more than welcome to stay in our home.When her parents were asked where they would like for her to stay, they had no one for her to stay with.  When they asked her where she wanted to go, she requested me. So, as of 9:30 pm this evening, we now have a 14 year old living with us. I know this is going to be a change for everyone, however at this time in her life, she needs to see what a safe, loving environment is like.


No comments:

Post a Comment