Thursday, February 28, 2019

Some Sweet Things

There were a few things that struck me as exceptionally sweet this month which, since it is February, it seems rather fitting. I don't know about you, but I constantly am hoping and praying that I am raising my boys to be good, productive members of society. I not only want them to realize the importance of school and education, but more importantly I want them to be caring and loving individuals who realize that there is a world that revolves outside of them.

Camden had a writing assignment to write about something or someone that inspires him. According to him, when he was brainstorming he came up with about 5 or 6 different things he could write about, but ended up choosing to write about me. Talk about making this momma's heart happy! This is a picture of his paper so you too can enjoy it.





















My favorite part of this whole paper is the fact that he thinks it takes me 15-20 minutes to clean the house and I do it probably once every 2 weeks. Can you imagine what his teacher thinks the inside of our house looks like?  The other part I love is that I 'let' them have a house and that dad is probably glad he doesn't have to pay the bills. LOL. I just love him!!!!

A few weeks ago Camden came home from school and informed me that he is now giving up recess (one of his favorite things) two days a week to work with the special needs kids at his school. He said that he and another friend went to talk to the special needs teacher to ask if they could help them and the teacher gladly accepted. She has now set up a schedule and he will miss recess every Monday and Wednesday and then every other Friday and will instead go play games and read to the special needs students. After he found out he was able to do this, he wanted to take some books for them to have in their classroom because he said they really didn't seem to have too many. I told him he needed to ask the teacher first and if so, then he could definitely take some. She told him she would be glad to have more books, so he came home and went through all of his books that he no longer wanted and took a stack to school for them to have for their classroom. When he returned home that afternoon, he was so excited because when he went in later that day to work with them, they were reading one of the books he brought. This whole situation made me feel like maybe, just maybe, we must be doing something right. He is such a sweet boy!

On Valentines Day, the boys had class parties where they exchanged Valentines, made ice cream sundaes and did other fun things. Casen brought home this 'Compli-Mat' that they did in class. Each child was to write a compliment on their friends mat. I love that idea! Anyway, I am documenting this picture because of the comment in the center bottom of the mat. I am not sure who Olivia is, but I love that she thinks Casen is 'ham hasm'. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment