Monday, February 4, 2019

Camden's 9th Birthday

This particular birthday of Camden's hit me like a ton of bricks. I realized that half of his time here under our roof is gone - in another 9 years he will, Lord willing, be heading off to college somewhere and leaving our home. They say time flies the older you get, so apparently I am doomed since the past 9 years already flew by. I am not sure I can handle it going any faster. Camden on the other hand was excited to turn nine and can hardly wait for the double digits next year.

Since his birthday was today (a Monday), we had Shane's family over on Saturday to celebrate. Nothing overly exciting, just some lunch, cookie cake and presents. Instead of a party this year, he just wanted to do something fun with his best friend, Cole, so we will do that in a few weeks.


Art themed!
The cousins!
He looks so big in this picture.
Hexbug track - those little bugs remind
me of roaches - yuck!
Yet another Lego set . . .

He had been wanting a telescope since
before Christmas
Obligatory picture with the birthday boy as
he was working on putting together his new Lego set.

Today I brought cookies for Camden's class to celebrate his birthday and to eat lunch with him. As in the past, he didn't want me to bring him lunch, he just wanted to have me there. You gotta love when your kid still runs up and hugs you at school in front of his friends - that is short lived I know, so I will soak it up while I can!



We are so very proud of him - he makes great grades, loves Jesus, school and soccer and is such a sweet kid.  He never ceases to amaze me with his creativity and his math skills. I can't wait to see all he does in this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment