Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School 2015-2016

Today was Camden's first day of Kindergarten.

While he was so excited to finally go to big school, I can't say my feelings were the same. I was excited for him, however I was so upset because I was not going to get to be there to experience his first day with him. Working at a school myself, and the first day of school being one of the busiest for a school nurse, there was no way I could be there with him. I do realize his first day is not all about me, but I just felt like as a mom I should be there. But, if I could not be there, then the next best thing was for Shane to be there. And luckily, since Camden is going to an elementary school that is located right next door to the school Shane works at, Shane was able to sneak away to walk Camden over to school.



 


Casen's first day of school was actually a few weeks ago. When I was working registration at school, Shane dropped him off at his school so he could get back in to the swing of things. And then last week, Shane and I were both back on contract so Casen went to school all week. I tell you, I do not give that boy enough credit. I was certain that he was going to have meltdowns every day when I dropped him off since Camden was no longer at his school with him, but he proved me wrong. He was happy to be at school and his teachers tell me that he is near perfect - they have not one bad thing to say about him. Ha - I am certain that will change as time goes on . . . .

Standing in line with his 'bubble' in his mouth

But today, since we took first day school pictures with Camden, Casen also had first day pictures.


We are looking forward to a great school year for our whole family!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment